There are many reasons why you might not last as long in bed as you would like. But the good news is that there are a variety of behavioural changes, health tips, and in certain cases, even prescription treatments that can help you last longer in bed.
- Most importantly, your partner plays a major role to help you stay longer or enjoy SEX. This is with the hope that you dont have a Lazy Partner. She could
- Switch-up Positions
- Talk to you, offering non judgmental support
- Learn to Pleasure the man and be able to get him up when his Erection fails
- And Not let an orgasm dictate the SEX
2. Performance Anxiety
If you find your self anxious or Worried about how long you’ll last, then you could be suffering from performance anxiety.
The solution is a lot of Foreplay, Masturbate an hour or two before Sex and During sex, take mental breaks by thinking of something mundane such as multiplication tables.
Also, You can use a Thick Condom so as to decrease sensation and delay ejaculation
3. The Squeeze: If you can feel your orgasm coming on, stop and squeeze right below the head of your penis. Apply firm pressure with your thumb and forefinger and focus the pressure on the urethra—the tube running along the underside of the penis, advises Ian Kerner, Ph.D., a sex therapist and author of She Comes First.
The squeeze technique can help you last longer in bed by pushing blood out of the penis and momentarily decreasing sexual tension, which represses the ejaculatory response, Kerner says.
4. Distract yourself: When you are almost there (during intercourse or masturbation), stop all sexual activity. Distract yourself for a bit. This way you can gain better control and extend sex time.
5. Eat more veggies and fruits: Studies have actually shown that men who are mostly vegetarian last much longer in bed than non-vegetarians. They have more stamina due to the nutrients they get from these fruits and veggies, especially potassium.
a. Eating a banana just before sex could help improve your performance as it contains potassium. It also has a large amount of glucose that can help you last longer. Read more about health benefits of bananas.
b. Drinking amla or gooseberry juice everyday could help you last longer in bed and also improve sperm quality as it contains iron and zinc.
c. Eat a handful of strawberries before intercourse. Its high zinc content and glucose concentration can help you last longer.
6. Avoid processed sugar: The ‘sugar slump’ that comes after a ‘sugar rush’ could reduce your stamina.
7. Cut down on smoking: It hardens your arteries and lessens blood flow to the penis. According to men’s health Physician and Medical Sex Therapist Dr Vijayasarathi Ramanathan, ‘Smoking affects every system/organ of the body including sexual functioning. People need to understand that erection in men has a lot to do with a healthy heart, blood vessels. Smokers are twice as likely to get erectile dysfunction as non-smokers.’
8. Reduce alcohol intake: Alcohol has a bad effect on your senses and you are not ‘fully’ in the moment. So, exerting control is out of question, isn’t it?
9. Work on your arms and abdominal muscles: Most of the sexual positions require the man to be on his hands and feet. This means his core has to be very strong in order to last longer. So, working on biceps, triceps and abs at the gym or body-weight exercises at home can help. Exercise also improves blood flow in general including to the penis and this could also help.
Try Kegels or pelvic floor exercises: These exercises are mostly used for gaining better bladder control, but also help in maintaining erections for longer. Imagine you are urinating and then try to stop the flow. Repeat this – squeeze, hold, release cycle 10 times, trying to hold for 10 seconds per squeeze.